Sunday, September 18, 2011

The Return Of The Lazy Sunday


Chilliwack Lake, BC. A new paradise discovered.

Well it was inevitable. Summer is over and I am now fully employed in a 9-5. So far the job seems ok and the people I work with are really laid back and nice guys. I was really overwhelmed the first few days but I imagine that has more to do with the fact I haven't been in a traditional work environment in almost two years.

It sure doesn't take long to appreciate your weekends and vacations! Although I am sad that I won't be able to support myself on charm and sheer luck, I am happy to be free from the stress of financial doom. It was getting bad, and I knew I had to make this happen asap. I'm not looking at is as failure or selling out but more like a means to acquire new shoes, better equipment and a bit of spending money to go see more shows downtown. And now that I am working in Richmond I can easily do that, even on weekdays.

So if you have a new song or a show playing in Vancouver,hit me up and I'll do my best to come down and attempt to take some unique shots of you and your band. Or check out your indie movie..whatever. I've felt kinda out of the loop culturally for the last few months while I succumbed to summer by the beach and I feel it's time to get back in and check shit out. A lot of changes coming up for me, I can feel it like crisp air in the mornings as I walk out to my car at 7am. I have no idea what life has in store for me but I'm alive with anticipation and that's all I can ask for right now.

1 comment:

Doc Girl said...

What a beautiful picture. It evokes many wonderful memories and emotions. Congrats on finding a job you like! What a rarity. I have been doing lazy Sundays for years, and have converted many friends. These are not the Sundays I had growing up, that's for sure. Thank f@&$ for growing up!