Sunday, July 6, 2008

my review of George Michael at GM Place






ok i have to say first off i saw George for the first time in concert in 1988. i was 14, it was very cool then and absolutely amazing this time around. the stage was damn cool and his voice was beyond impressive the band was great and the playlist was fuckin perfect. "I'm your Man, Carless Whisper and Everything she Wants" from Wham! days and just about every song sans I Want Your Sex from then on. My two favorite moments were when he surprised us with another Wham! song "A Different Corner" (my favorite song as a tweener) which showed how strong his voice still is as it's mostly a capella. Second fav moment when he did a rendition on Nina Simone's I'm Feeling Good while exquisite images of Dita Von Teese played on the big screens. that women is one hot bitch.
loved every minute of it.

(thank you to the various people who loaded images to flikr)

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds awesome.

I was a big fan of Wham!
George must have been my first singer crush.

RagDoll said...

Sweet fancy jeebus, thanks for these great shots, Jaxy!!!! I feel like I'm 14 again!!!!!!! Awwww, all he's missing is Andrew Ridgley who...uh, what exactly did Andrew do, again, besides rock that frosted pompadour?

brendalove@gmail.com said...

I was a little bit older than you guys when Wham made it big. Pardon the pun there. One of the things I always noticed about George Michael videos is that he always had the most exotic couture-type women in them. I think if we could meet him, we would find he is quite fabulous and able to talk fashion with the best of us.

mooshki said...

What a cool stage. Isn't it great when your old idols retain their magic?

jax said...

i never took any of these shots but they are from his tour..in various cities i imagine.

yes it did not disapoint Moosh..thank god!

~crazy peanut~ said...

I have never been a huge fan of his music, but I always got a 'normal guy' vibe from him. The type that would sit and have a beer & a chat with ya.

...'specially if ya had some of the hippy hay!

merrick said...

I thought I was the only person in north america who loved george .. i think I found home .. thanks for the pics jax ...

Anonymous said...

All I remember of George Michael was loving his music as a little girl, cause I liked to dance around, and my dad always referring to him as the "dork". I didn't know at the time that it was his "polite" word for "Look at the fag." Thanks, Dad! lol

jax said...

hahaha...i was 9 when i heard my first Wham song so i can relate.